SRF/ICT Mark for Clusters An exciting opportunity for groups of schools to develop strategic approaches to ICT together using the Self-review Framework.
|SRF/ICT Mark Presentation A PowerPoint presentation giving the key information you need to know about SRF and ICT Mark. (723kb)|
|Becta ICT Mark Details of the new ICT Mark.|
|Becta Self-review Framework An online tool for analysing progress in ICT, with links to appropriate support.|
Ofsted, NCSL, Becta and DfES continue to recognise the fundamental role of ICT in learning, teaching and management.
Becta’s new Self-review Framework (SRF) provides schools with the necessary foundation from which self-review of ICT can proceed. These are its eight elements:
- Leadership and Management – developing and communicating a shared vision for ICT and planning a sustainable ICT strategy across the whole school.
- Curriculum – planning and leading a broad and balanced ICT curriculum to enable pupils to apply and develop their ICT capability across all subjects.
- Learning & Teaching – ensuring that teaching is enhanced through informed planning, resulting in quality of use of ICT for learning and teaching.
- Assessment – assessing ICT capability to support pupils’ learning.
- Professional Development – identifying and addressing the ICT training needs of the school and individual staff.
- Extending Opportunities for Learning – understanding the needs of pupils and the community in their extended use of ICT.
- Resources – ensuring suitable learning and teaching environments where ICT can be used effectively and in line with strategic needs.
- Impact on Pupil Outcomes – demonstrating how pupils can make good progress in ICT capability; reviewing pupil attitudes and behaviour and how the use of ICT can impact positively on pupil achievement.
The ICT Mark is a quality mark, jointly developed by Becta and Naace, available to all schools who have progressed through Becta’s self-review framework. The Mark demonstrates that a school has harnessed technology to improve learning and teaching, efficiently manage education, extend opportunities for learning and improve communications with parents and the wider community.
Find out more by using the links:
SRF/ICT Mark PowerPoint What is the SRF? How does it relate to ICT Mark? How do schools apply for ICT Mark? A PowerPoint covering the essential information you need. If you download the file you will find it has notes for each slide. (723kb)
SRF/ICT Mark for Clusters Groups of schools can do so much more together! Counties, such as Kent, already have groupings of schools, so it makes sense to share the burden of development and support each other.
Becta Self-review Framework Presented as a "Matrix", this is an online tool from Becta through which schools can analyse their progress in ICT and see links to appropriate support. (Link to Becta website)