ICT Mark for Clusters An exciting opportunity for groups of schools to develop strategic approaches to ICT together.
Kar2ouche Training Kar2ouche is the exciting, interactive ‘3D’ multimedia authoring tool from Immersive Education used by over 7,000 schools in the UK. (1.9Mb PDF file)
Professional Consultancy for ICT in Education
Neil Adam has been an independent consultant for ICT since 1994; having worked across a range of schools, from early years to sixth forms, including special schools.
Much has been claimed for ICT in education but many schools are still struggling to realise the benefits. ICT can be used to bring rich resources into the classroom, to remove mundane tasks so that pupils can concentrate on higher order skills and to encourage creativity.
ICT is one of a range of tools available to every teacher; sometimes it will help in delivering learning objectives but it can also hinder. Evidence shows that it can motivate pupils and has positive effects on the learning of specific groups, especially boys. Nevertheless, it is subject to technical problems and teachers need help to apply ICT effectively — it is no panacea!
Schools must be realistic about what ICT will achieve and how to invest limited resources wisely. ICT is definitely on the agenda — we need to make it work to the best advantage of all children.
Professional development can be arranged according to your school's requirements, covering a range of topics in full days, half days or twilight sessions. Areas could include:
- Strategic management of ICT - see SRF/ICT Mark
- Digital media in the classroom
- Effective use of ICT in learning and teaching
- Effective use of the Internet for research
- Creating branching stories with PowerPoint or TextEase
- Effective use of Kar2ouche and MissionMaker
- Modelling creative writing using a word processor
- Effective use of specific technologies
- Notebook PCs and other portable technology
- Digital microscopes
- Software skills training for teachers
- Effective use of PowerPoint
- Using Word to create worksheets
- Using "templates" in Word (for policies, lesson plans etc.)
- Effective record-keeping in Excel
- Software skills for effective management
- Data analysis with Excel
- Communicating effectively with email
- 10 websites school managers should know!
- Accredited training, such as ECDL
A twilight session would typically cost* £250 and a half day £375.
Please call (07720 288540) or email (email@example.com) for further details and pricing.
Advice and Consultancy
ICT is a complex area for schools to manage: no single organisation can have expertise in the whole range of ICT used in education.
Neil Adam has wide experience of the diverse ICT applications used in schools, from generic software, through e-learning programs to specialist hardware. Neil has taught ICT and has worked with teachers in all phases. He has a sound grasp of the pedagogical implications of using ICT in the classroom.
Do you need someone to work alongside school staff, an independent view, or management of a specific development? Please contact Beacon ICT for assistance.
Daily rates from £375*, although discounts may be available for extended periods of work.
Writing and Materials Development
Neil has spent many hours writing CPD materials (for the DfES and for ICAA), case studies (for Becta), newsletters (for Naace) and resources for the Teacher Resource Exchange.
*Please note: All prices quoted on this website are inclusive of a 10% early payment discount. Beacon ICT is not VAT registered.